Costco Sams rant

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with $850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap lunch. I just left hungry.

Reply to
gfretwell

  1. You can pay for your food at the checkout -- but maybe you still have to stand in line to get the food.
  2. Our local Costco was almost deserted last Saturday noon.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

CostCo = Sam's ???

Did one buy out the other?

They seem to have very different business plans.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Don't expect 5-star service at McCostco's. Duh!

Reply to
Butch

The store was not busy, just the food counter.

Reply to
gfretwell

The issue is the same at both. They have a subsidized food court for the customers and lots of samples on each end cap but around here the geezers just come for the food. They wander around eating the free samples and if they are not full yet they walk around the registers to get a cheap piece of pizza or a hot dog and walk out empty handed. People who actually want to buy something are weaving in and out of the free grazers standing around with food on toothpicks.

Reply to
gfretwell

The food court is on the street side of the registers.

Reply to
gfretwell

It is not about service, it is simply about favoring paying customers over freeloaders.

Reply to
gfretwell

It is supposed to be cheap food for customers as a service and the samples are there to sell food. These people never seem to buy anything.

If nobody else gives a shit I will not either

OUT

Reply to
gfretwell

There was a special idiot at work who was so fat he had most of his intestine removed, and his stomach stapled. He was supposed to be on a diet but would always eat everything he wasn't supposed to eat, which caused him to pass gas that stunk so bad it was unbearable.

He bragged about going into a Grady's that was packed with people in line ahead of him. He bragged about how he passed gas and everyone cleared out so fast, he was suddenly the only one in line. He said the employee was looking around shocked that everyone left.

He went to a barbeque at a coworkers house. The coworkers wife was eight months pregnant. He passed gas and they had to rush her to hospital where she went into labor. Her baby was born a month early.

I could go on and on about things he did, but you probably wouldn't believe me.

Reply to
cowabunga dude

tine removed, and his stomach stapled. He was supposed to be on a diet but would always eat everything he wasn't supposed to eat, which caused him to pass gas that stunk so bad it was unbearable.

ahead of him. He bragged about how he passed gas and everyone cleared out so fast, he was suddenly the only one in line. He said the employee was loo king around shocked that everyone left.

months pregnant. He passed gas and they had to rush her to hospital where s he went into labor. Her baby was born a month early.

Too late. I already don't believe you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Also known as "The Liquid Straight Jacket"

Reply to
ChairMan

Why do you call the 30 customers in the food line "freeloaders"? They pay the Costco asking price for their food, right?

Reply to
Tom Turquía

Still waiting for a response.

Reply to
gfretwell

Because we pay for it? You sound like those people shuffling their way back to coach on a plane, giving me a pissed off look because I am already in my seat with a drink and a snack.

Reply to
gfretwell

I couldn't leave a suggestion at Costco, because they did not have any pens at the suggestion box. Part of their plan, I suppose.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I always order/pay for my food with the rest of my shopping, then you just walk up to the pick-up window...no waiting and you get to use your credit card for payment

Reply to
ZZyXX

The 30 people "who just walked straight in off the street" might have been planning to have lunch *before* doing their major shopping.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I did not know you could do that. If that is true, my bad. I will try next time.

Reply to
gfretwell

No it is a steady stream. I know because my father in law is one of those people. These folks start at McDonalds for senior coffee, lunch at the price club and then catch the early bird for dinner., They do not even make sure these people are paid up members at Sams or Costco. If you have a 20 year old card with someone else's name on it, you can get in and you do not show your card at the food court. I think you could waive your AARP card and they would let you in.

Reply to
gfretwell