Costco Sams rant

Why don't they have an express line at the food counter for people who actually bought something from the store. I was standing there with $850 worth of stuff in my cart and there were 30 people in the food line, most who just walked straight in off the street, for a cheap lunch. I just left hungry.

1. You can pay for your food at the checkout -- but maybe you still have to stand in line to get the food.
2. Our local Costco was almost deserted last Saturday noon.
Perce
On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 16:30:59 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

The store was not busy, just the food counter.
Per snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

CostCo = Sam's ???
Did one buy out the other?
They seem to have very different business plans.
--
Pete Cresswell

The issue is the same at both. They have a subsidized food court for the customers and lots of samples on each end cap but around here the geezers just come for the food. They wander around eating the free samples and if they are not full yet they walk around the registers to get a cheap piece of pizza or a hot dog and walk out empty handed. People who actually want to buy something are weaving in and out of the free grazers standing around with food on toothpicks.
On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 5:06:15 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

What annoys me is most of the people that take samples can't just take the damn free sample and get the hell out of the way. Usual scenario is to roll the shopping cart up, block everyone else out, then peruse the samples, start a conversation with the sample giver, etc. When I take a sample, I just walk up, take it and move on.
On 12/3/2016 7:19 AM, trader_4 wrote:

those are probably the same people who finally make it to the front of the entrance line and THEN open their purse and start fishing around for their Costco card.
Per Taxed and Spent:

Something around lack of consciousness about being in a share environment.
I see them at the boat ramps all the time: 3 people waiting, one guy pulls his boat out, stays on the ramp, cleans stuff up, rearranges equipment, and so-forth. Yank the damn boat and get off the ramp!...
Ditto the gym.... I'm starting to see more and more people just sitting on machines between sets. I suspect one or more of the trainers there is pushing the idea of multiple sets. Do your set, get off the machine, rest, and then get back on to do the next set. I can do my reps three times while one of those bozos is sitting there resting.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 12/3/2016 8:29 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The other day there was a guy at a busy gas station. He finished pumping, then did not move away from the pump as he used the squeegee to wash his car. ALL the windows. The hood. probably more, but I left.
Per Taxed and Spent:

There has to be a term-of-art for that stuff among psych people.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 07:19:05 -0800 (PST), trader_4

My strategy is to go down the back aisle where the dog food is and go down and back in the finger aisles to get my stuff, staying away from the center end caps altogether.

Don't expect 5-star service at McCostco's. Duh!

It is not about service, it is simply about favoring paying customers over freeloaders.

Why do you call the 30 customers in the food line "freeloaders"? They pay the Costco asking price for their food, right?

It is supposed to be cheap food for customers as a service and the samples are there to sell food. These people never seem to buy anything.
If nobody else gives a shit I will not either
OUT

The food court is on the street side of the registers.

There was a special idiot at work who was so fat he had most of his intestine removed, and his stomach stapled. He was supposed to be on a diet but would always eat everything he wasn't supposed to eat, which caused him to pass gas that stunk so bad it was unbearable.
He bragged about going into a Grady's that was packed with people in line ahead of him. He bragged about how he passed gas and everyone cleared out so fast, he was suddenly the only one in line. He said the employee was looking around shocked that everyone left.
He went to a barbeque at a coworkers house. The coworkers wife was eight months pregnant. He passed gas and they had to rush her to hospital where she went into labor. Her baby was born a month early.
I could go on and on about things he did, but you probably wouldn't believe me.
On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:07:53 PM UTC-5, cowabunga dude wrote:

tine removed, and his stomach stapled. He was supposed to be on a diet but would always eat everything he wasn't supposed to eat, which caused him to pass gas that stunk so bad it was unbearable.

ahead of him. He bragged about how he passed gas and everyone cleared out so fast, he was suddenly the only one in line. He said the employee was loo king around shocked that everyone left.

months pregnant. He passed gas and they had to rush her to hospital where s he went into labor. Her baby was born a month early.

ve me.
Too late. I already don't believe you.

Also known as "The Liquid Straight Jacket"

Still waiting for a response.