Cost of more blown in attic insulation?

Can someone give me a rough estimate of what the cost might be to have some more attic insulation blown into my apartment attic?

I live in one half of a small duplex. I have maybe 900 sf on my side

Looking at all ways to save heating costs this winter and may ask my landlord to go halvies with me on the cost. But I know nothing abt cost of this.

Any ideas what it would cost?

Reply to
me6

Nobody can give a cost, what a stupid question. Yes you will save alot in heating , Get bids you cheap ass, but realise Cellulose deteroirates, and looses value, codes are MINIMUNS so you dont go broke. Do some reswearch , you are lazy and give no particulares

Reply to
m Ransley

"m Ransley"

Insulation is pretty competitive business, for a small job like this you can often get a (non-binding, but usually accurate) quote over the phone.

I just had a 650s.f. area blown with 10" of cellulose for about $500 in Northern Virginia.

Will

Reply to
Will Niccolls

find out what it costs to rent a blower, buy the bags and do it yourself. its not that much.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

In Our area , the Electric company will help out with the cost in a lot of cases. As Electric demands will drop with your added insulation, and gives them an easier time dealing with the huge demands during peak usage periods.

It's worth looking into even in your area.............wherever that may be.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®