Cost of Concrete

Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price per yard go down as the yardage goes up? My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

Using Google as "pennsylvania+concrete+price" yields, for a common variety:

12+ yards, $101.00/yard plus tax from Hartzle's Concrete.

This is a LOT of concrete (6 - 8 truck loads). Are you sure you've got your figures honed to perfection?

Reply to
HeyBub

Maybe it's just a small patio, but he knows he's not very good at it.

Reply to
trader4

Why not ask your local dealer? At 68 yard you'll be getting the best price. Hope you have a lot of help lined up. Pricing also takes into account how it must be delivered. Just a dump? Pump? What mix?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Where are you pouring this runway?

A cubic yard is L*w*d= /27 assuming the measurements are in feet or a fraction thereof.

1foot*27foot*1foot = 27 /27 = 1 cubic yard

The first 3 yards (here) cost more because of the haul charge and the price per yard is less after that.

Reply to
Colbyt

Maybe it's a sidewalk:

1/3 foot deep (4") x 3' wide x 27' long = 1 cubic yard.

68 yards x 27' = 1,836 feet.

Reply to
HeyBub

$100 here in KC, Bill. More for a short (less than 9 yds) load.

for 68 yards , you should get a deal.

S. Barker

Thanks for the input. The project is the replacement of a 310', plus large parking area driveway. The total area is ± 5550 sq. ft. On top of that, I am considering having the front staircase redone plus a small slab for an outdoor shower.

...and no, I am NOT going to do it myself. I plan on going out for bids this week. __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

e:

The answer to your question is at the other end of your phone and it will be accurate for your area. Ask the local pre-mix or talk to the contractor. Any figure given here will not be what you pay there whereever it is.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K