Correct paint for concrete steps?

What is the correct paint to use for concrete steps? The steps are already painted and starting to peal. They are also very, very slippery when wet so I want to add some texture with an additive. It's not a perfect solution but I'm stuck with what I've got.

I'm going to strip off the pealing paint with a wire brush and repaint.

thanks for the help Fred snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Fred

Personally I suggest sand blasting all the old pant off and leave it off.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I agree, sandblasting would be my first choice, also it would help stop the slippery when wet problem.

Evan

Reply to
Evan

Use a noneslip additive in and on the paint, on the paint meaning sprinkled on. in the paint meaning mixed in.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Not a bad idea. Weathered concrete has character (when it doesn't have something really ugly, like oil stains.) zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec