Correct caulk to Use?

Hi, an aluminum porch gutter leaks at a 45 degree angle. I'd like to try to fix it by applying caulk inside the gutter at the 45 degree angle. If this is a good idea which caulk should I use?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'd recommend a one part urethane such as NP1.

Reply to
marson

I NPI a brand name or type of caulk?

Reply to
Mike

NP1, not NPI.

Make sure you clean the inside of that gutter perfectly and remove all of the old caulking or you'll probably be doing it again before too long.

RicodJour

"Mike" wrote

Just a thought ... I was looking for caulk a couple days ago, I saw they had caulk especially for gutters.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

NP1 is a Sonneborn product. It is a one part polyurethane product and is excellent.

For the gutter, I would recommend butyl rubber, sometimes sold as gutter and lap sealant. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Where HD? Lowes? Who makes it?

Reply to
Mike

Everybody carries it. All hardware, lumberyard and big box stores. Your preparation of the joint is far more important than who makes it. Ask for gutter sealant.

RicodJour