Corona phonecall.

I just got a recorded call about being symptoms of covid and calling my doctor if I had them.

Perhaps redundant after 8 months of constant corona news but I'm posting to mention that there was loads of noise in the background, white water or turbine engines, or something. Constant the whole time and 80% as loud as the guy's voice on the phone. Very strange.

Maryland?

Reply to
micky

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:49:19 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

What did he try to sell you? UV light or some kind of sanitizer?

Reply to
Tekkie©

No, it was just a warning call. If the noise hadn't been so loud, I might have heard who they were calling for.

Reply to
micky

The early local news has a daily summary of Covid cases. It details how many are infected and how many have died. They overlook how many have died of cancer, flu, or how many have medical conditions just because of eating too many cheeseburgers in their life.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Here there are half as many deaths from OD's than covid. If you factored in the age, there are probably more years lost to OD's than covid.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

That's because it's not "news". You are referring to medical statistics and cause/effect that have not changed much in decades. Dog bites man.... Yawn ... COVID-19 IS "news". And the numbers vary a LOT according to what people believe. I think it should be news until there are no idiots left and COVID-19 is no longer a threat. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Our local news does something simiar.

Why shouldn't they? Those stats are available elsewhere and are irrelevant to pandemic statistics.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

An entire infantile thread, of socks talking to socks... o And utter morons...(who are looking more and more like more socks).

  1. Opening post ==> moron micky
  2. Response ==> sock Tekkie
  3. Response ==> moron micky
  4. Response ==> sock Hoffman
  5. Response ==> moron Frank
  6. Response ==> moron Bob F.
  7. Response ==> sock Shadow
  8. Response ==> sock FromTheRafters

Given the infantile morons' pattern, it's becoming more and more likely that the _entire_ thread is simply the socks responding to the socks.

Nonetheless, their sole purpose is to ruin this newsgroup for repair.

Morons who habitually respond to these off-topic infantile threads are: o From: Bob F snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com o From: Frank snipped-for-privacy@frank.net o From: FromTheRafters snipped-for-privacy@nomail.afraid.org>

o From: Dean Hoffman snipped-for-privacy@clod.com o From: Idlehands snipped-for-privacy@nospamhush.com o From: micky snipped-for-privacy@fmguy.com (refuses to _not_ be a moron) o From: T snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (he said he refuses _not_ to be a moron) o From: trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Reply to
Arlen Holder

Tell us what this thread has to do with repair please. o Or, tell us why you insist on ruining this repair newsgroup.

Stop proving I'm right that you're an infantile moron, Frank.

Reply to
Arlen Holder

I believe I mentioned elsewhere you should add those you do not like to your kill file as I have just done with you.

Reply to
invalid unparseable