Convection Oven Problem

All,

I have a Jenn-Air wall mount convection oven, model w30400b (an early-mid

90s unit purchased through Sears).

I love it. Has always performed beautifully.

Over the last 3-4 weeks, the brightness of the readout for time/temp has been slowly growing dimmer. It is now totally dark.

My question(s):

Is the readout unit itself defective or is it not getting power such as low voltage DC from a defective circuit board or poor connection?

If the readout is the culprit, where's a good online source?

Would a replacement unit be of current manufacture or from the same batch as my defective unit?

Would appreciate any light you may be able to shed on this repair opportunity.

Art

Reply to
A Friend

Hi,

New clock time.

Slowly getting dim is the clock itself.

oven control assembly

Newer than the orig> All,

Reply to
Appliance Repair Aid

Keep it up.

Reply to
Abe

Finally got around to replacing the oven control assembly on 2/7. New one works perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Newbie