Contractor refuses to give references?

In many, but not all, jurisdictions, contracts signed in a customer's home can be repudiated within ten days; a way to protect consumers against slick door to door types.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

I can imagine the phone calls...

Hi, I just signed a contract with Affordable & Affable Construction and they gave me your name as a reference. Any comments?

You poor bastard. {click}

RicodJour

Another thought is to check with the BBB and contractors state board to see how many if any complaints they have. It would not be hard for a shyster company to give you the name of 3 of his buddies or relatives.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

Rumor has it, there are more than one contractor in the real world. They might like your money more to make you a satified customer.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great