Conduit

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next building?

Thanks,

Roanin

Reply to
ROANIN

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over a roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as expansion and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also be needed.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Reply to
ROANIN