Concrete for setting 4 ft

Chuck:

C > Anyone have experience with the new type concrete mix you pour in post C > hole dry, then add water? Results? I have one post to reset which C > the walk through gate attaches to. Not having to premix would be nice C > if it works. No need for mixing container

Yes, used it here some years ago to set a pole lamp. We had to move the light when added the deck to years ago. No problems with the light moving -- very solid. (Hint: use several ropes to keep the pole steady and in position until the quick-set solidifies.)

On removal of the pole/concrete we found the concrete was solid, yet could be (relatively) easily cracked off with a sledge hammer. The pieces sort of looked like rock so used them in landscaping. The base of the pole was hammered free of the quick-set, and reused in it's new position.

You might find it easier to mix the cement and water together in four- to six in layers rather than trying to plunge a stick through the whole thing at once. And don't use too much water!

  • Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
Reply to
barry martin

Yeah, I used it for a treated fence post. Dug a deep & wide hole, then poured in two bags dry no mix cement. And then the water.

And I probably wasnt there for more than 4 minutes holding it square and it was good to stand by itself. Don't know how it works, but it works damn well.

c_kubie

Reply to
c_kubie