Computer tower

Understood. If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it?

Reply to
Diesel

It's not as blurred as you may think, no. Contrary to the belief you have, some people like a 'laptop' or 'notebook' if you prefer to refer to them as that vs the stripped down, often power wise weaker 'netbook' for various reasons. I'm not a macfanboy by trade or personal taste, so, I don't know if what you wrote is true or not. It doesn't make that much sense to me for commercial purposes, though.

Reply to
Diesel

Don't recall exactly, but around $275 to $300.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

For me there is no substitute for a desktop tower computer. My system runs 24/7 processing files, recording TV shows, controlling our home lighting, etc. I also do a lot of video editing so I want a fast computer. Most important I can upgrade each component individually as needed. Hard drive, memory, video card, tuner cards, card readers, video encoders, monitor, keyboard, etc. As new ports or gadgets come along, I can easily add them to my system without replacing the entire computer.

I have a nice 17" i5 Acer laptop I bought several years ago. I probably use it once a year or less. It's too big to be comfortably portable, and I'm not usually mobile anyway. When I'm on vacation I prefer to leave the tech gadgets at home. About the only time I use the big laptop is when my wife takes over my desktop computer for some project.

I recently replaced my old 10" netbook with a Lenovo N22 notebook. The primary reason I have it is to do diagnostic work on our cars. It's small enough to carry around and easy to use. It also runs hours on the battery, so we use it to watch movies when the power goes out (assuming I have the battery charged up). The N22 has a better keyboard and screen than my old netbook, but it's still a slow low end computer. It's nice for simple tasks, but I wouldn't want it as my only computer.

I also have an iPad mini and an older Kindle Fire tablet. I occasionally browse the web, or look for movies on Netflix on them, but primarily we just play games on them. You can read ebooks, blogs, or magazines on them, but I prefer the large screen of my desktop monitor. Easier for my old eyes. Honestly, my smart phone works just as well as my tablets for the things I use them for. The tablets just have larger screens.

As I mentioned, I rarely need to go anywhere with a computer, so mobility is not an issue for me. I also have my computer on a shelf under my desk, so size doesn't matter. Mine is a midsized tower that provides plenty of space for drives and cards. I also have a UPS on the same shelf so I can keep computing during most shorter power outages.

Your needs may differ...

Anthony Watson

HerHusband

Have you had it for several years, or was it a recent purchase? I ask because I've seen various netbook flavors going for a little over a cnote, new.

Reply to
Diesel

I;ve had it a few years. This is close to it

Ed Pawlowski