Comination plug- 100Volts and Coax

I'm installing a flat screen tv with a wall mount and wish to find a plug that combines the power and the coax so that I can have just one box that contains both. Do you know if this is commercially available>

Reply to
jb

Isn't it against code?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

For sure for obvious reasons. The only applications like that that are approved use less voltage and are current limited.

Reply to
George

I'm not sure if I understand. What is incorrect about having a coax line and a 110 circuit residing in the same duplex box? Is is a fire hazard?

Reply to
jb

I think you're just using the wrong terminology. Here is an outlet box, that is designed for both line and low voltage. There are others on the market as well:

RBM

Here is another one of a simpler design:

RBM

I'm betting this isn't what the OP is looking for. I'm betting he's looking for something like the kind of wall plate that has a coax and phone connection on the same plate, only with a 110 outlet and the coax.

When you drill into the 'instruction manual" pdf you see that this still requires a standard device box mounted on the side for the 110 power. This is really only a box to allow you to consolidate the 110 and coax or other low-voltage into one recessed opening in the wall. the 110 'box and the coax are still kept separate.

here is the link to the instructions:

Mark

That one is a new fancy design, the second one is a standard box with a divider, which is all the NEC requires.

Reply to
RBM

They have some that are compartmentalized. It is a double wide (square) box that takes a regular double cover and has the keystone or F connector on one side and a 5-15 duplex on the other.

Reply to
gfretwell

... at Home Depot

Reply to
gfretwell

According to RBM :

Right: separation of LV and line voltage in the box is all the NEC (or CEC) requires.

However...

The newer design of LV "enclosure" is little more than a ring to hold the coverplate, rather than a full box. [Combined 120V/LV being of course a full box on one side, and the ring on the other].

I've just started using those, and I'm completely sold.

You learn to appreciate them when you're trying to run COAX with connectors on them into the back of the units, and you don't have to fight with fishing them thru box holes.

The "old work" ones (they have screw-tightened wings on the back to clamp them into a simple hole in the drywall) are particularly nice.

Reply to
Chris Lewis