coat hanger on fiberglass door

I would like to put some decorative hooks on my Stanley fiberglass front door, and get rid of my coat stand/hanger.

Is this something I ought to avoid? (I have a feeling it is.) Will I be ruining the integrity of the door...insulating properties? I assume the door is mostly hollow so should I use molly's (screws with wing things)?

Bonnie in NJ

Reply to
Bonnie

why not mount a row of hooks on the wall right next to the door?

you won't destroy the integrity of the door by mounting a hook on it if you do it correctly but it's not really something you want to do either. Wall hooks should be just as useful and it will be much easier to repair the holes in the wall than in the door if you ever decide to remove it.

I've seen these nicely routered and finished blocks with 3 or so hooks on them that you can buy at the supermarket for a few dollars.

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

Reply to
nospambob