Clogging mower

I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Reply to
HotRod

Your grass is to wet, but Slipplate helps.

Reply to
m Ransley

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently, cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

And don't cut when damp.

Hey Edwin - I have a new Torro 3-in-1. It clogs when mulching when the grass is the slightest bit damp or a bit longer than it should.

Blade is sharp. Its a personal pace self propelled. I cant walk slow enough to get my lawn done in reasonable ammt of time.

I had an older YardMan with a slightly bigger B&S engine and it would plow through anything.

Your tips are right on with some mowers. Some do not have this issue.

I was thinking of Teflon spray, WD40 or maybe PAM cooking spray. I may try it.

Reply to
No

Have you tried just cleaning out from underneath the deck? This is something I do routinely esp with long or wet weeds. Use a scraper and a wire brush. I then brush the under neath with a bit of motor oil on a paper towel.

Reply to
Lawrence

For a chemical that works (but nothing really is going to work with long wet grass) try PAM or the store brand of spray cooking oil.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Slip Plate works, its a brush or spray on coating of teflon or some other plastic. Its still on my snowblower and shovels after years.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
bamboo

I think someone suggested using a product called Skip Plate under the mower deck to prevent clogging. Where do you find it and is it known by another name? Thanks

"m Ransley" w rote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3136.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
donh

Slip Plate I got at Tractor supply but Ace might even have it Slip plate is its name

Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in news:21576-45019D77-175@storefull-

3136.bay.webtv.net:

Or there's a lot of some kind of weeds in the grass that is loaded with water (like onion grass is it?).

Reply to
Al Bundy

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

True. If you have sandy soil, the sand will dull the blades on a push or rider pretty quick.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Reply to
buffalobill

You are cutting your grass too low the airflow under the mower is not good raise the height of the wheels you will get more flow and wont stress your mower as much and it will be easier to push

also you dont want to cut much more then

1/3rd of the height off the grass it hurts the grass

Reply to
<moo

Reply to
buckeye