clogged drains??? ideas??

my shower upstairs and my bath downstairs are very slow in the draining dept. whats the best thing to use before i call the plumber?? thanx.

Reply to
T. S.

I've used the new Drano gel and got great results after 4 cans of the crystal failed, so.............

Obviously, I recommend the gel.

Reply to
hotORcold

Stormin is probably right. Oil and hair. In particular if you have females with long thick hair. My wife's sink has clogged 3 times in 3 years. Agents do not work, but a snake gets the stuff out every time. Mostly is in near the sink hole therefore a long snake is not needed. I have a thin hand held one.

Fabio

Reply to
Fabio Soto

Local hardware stores sell a thin flexible plastic strip with teeth. About two feet long, it comes two in a package for two bucks. You just push the strip down the drain (don't even have to remove the drain stopper first) as far as it'll go, then pull it back up. All the hair and gunk trapped in the line snags on the teeth and comes right up with the strip. Repeat once or twice. Get that garbage out of your drainpipe and it'll work just fine. This is a simpler, faster, and safer option to try before using drain cleaner products like Drano or Liquid Plumbr.

HellT

Reply to
Hell Toupee