Clearing a culvert drain...

Our culvert drain backs up spilling excess water onto our gravel driveway. I'm thinking it's mostly dirt clay, twigs and leaves.

I was going to use a snake to clean it out but it's at the base of our driveway and there is no electric outlet nearby.

Any other sugestions?

TIA, Steven

Reply to
BlinnPR

how big in diameter is it?

Reply to
hallerb

There ya' go--ask a pertinent simple question! Atta' boy, haller... :) To OP, that's a sidebar joke... :)

If it's relatively large, I'd start by trying to fish out what can be done from either/both ends and if it isn't totally plugged follow that w/ a pressure nozzle on a garden hose. Often that will be sufficient. If the grade is such that there's reasonable access, a cobbled-together extension of 1/2" copper pipe on the end of the hose can be used as a combination ram and water cannon. A "nozzle" as simple as simply flattening the end w/ a hammer can be quite effective.

--

Reply to
dpb

Extension cord? Generator?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Manual snake?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Are you crazy. God didn't give us electricity so that we could do things manually. This is America, for gosh sakes.

But you could be right.

Reply to
mm