Cleaning stainless steel appliances

We recently acquired stainless steel appliances and have tried 4 different cleaners ... they all work to some extent but all have problems. The worst problem is that they tend to interact with each other and produce a streaky mess.

WD-40 works like a champ, is faster/easier, and is less costly.

I know, a bit OT ... please be kind.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

WD40 will eventually turn to a gummy mess, its really a drying agent.........

Reply to
hallerb

A much better cleaner is that waterless hand cleaner used in machine shops and garages. It takes out grease and stains and even polishes the metal. All it needs is a dry paper towel to finish up as it does not leave any residue like oils or soap.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Check out a janitorial supply. They make a stainless "oil" we used to use to shine the pi$$ out of drinking fountains. On the dixie choppers, I use ATF. But it collects dust. But on a lawnmower, what the hell.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve Barker

Try seltzer water.

Reply to
Phisherman

windex

teve Barker wrote:

Reply to
yourname

I'll continue to use the WD40 and report back in six months (even if my appliances slime over and begin to disintegrate).

Reply to
Charles Schuler