Cleaning Bathub (plastic coating/refinishing?)

Hi all. The tub in one of the bathrooms of my home is peeling its coating. Apparently the people living here previously had it refinished and after I moved (without even having used it once) I noticed leaks under this coating that caused it too bubble up. Well the finishing started peeling off, but mostly near the bottom of the tub. I would like to remove this but not sure how to get the rest to come off, I don't want to scratch the rest of the tub.

I'm open to suggestions (and I don't have a heat gun). This is a link to what it looks like so you can get a better idea.

Cheers, MP

Reply to
MP

burn it , sandblast it , rip it out or put a liner over it. I dought chemical strippers will do well.

Reply to
m Ransley

"MP" wrote in news:XESpc.2277$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net:

I'm facing the same problem,and I'm thinking about a electric pressure washer to get under the epoxy coating. At least removing everything that is marginal in adhesion,I don't know if you can get it all off.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Ok... I want to use the surface underneath, not destroy it or damage it so I have to refinish it again.

But thanks anyway.

MP

Reply to
MP

"MP" wrote in news:Vk8qc.2266$ snipped-for-privacy@read1.cgocable.net:

Well,you probably do not know what the surface underneath the refinishing is actually like,you may NEED to get it refinished again,unless you -want- to have a nasty looking surface.

Reply to
Jim Yanik