Breaking slab for floor drain

I'm putting in a tile shower and I am chipping away the cement slab. I'm going to use a drain like this one

've been using a hammer and chisel, is there an easier way? 4 hours and I'm only half way done. :-(

If I could find a drain that fits inside a 2" PVC pipe, I'd be done so if someone knows where I could get that, please let me know.

Reply to
Kervin

Cut edges with circular saw with masonry blade and chip away with electric jackhammer.

Reply to
edee em

Jackhammer, bet used with a masonry saw. Either rent the masonry saw (best) or ue a masonry blade in a circular saw that you're not terribly fond of. Concrete dust eats up a saw quickly.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran