Cieling Fan...Up or Down? For heat removal

Got this new ceiling fan .. need to know should it SUCK UP or BLOW DOWN for removal of heat in a room?

Considering we're going into the hot season??

thanks

Reply to
Bob Brown

ceiling fans don't remove heat -- they add it

their purpose is to provide circulation

Reply to
CJT

Try each on a separate day, and see what works.

Window AC, I find they cool better if you point a fan towards the AC. Not sure why, but it works better than having the fan blow out from the AC.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They just add airflow, which keeps you cool but not the computer.

The bigger the blades, the more energy-efficient it is. What you want is to move lots of air very slowly, not a little air very fast, for energy considerations.

For cooling, I blow air from the basement floor through a flexible duct onto my computer chair, on the hottest days. The resulting heating of the basement floor keeps the house warm then through November.

I threw out the heat pump in 1978, when it became apparent it was chiefly a sink for repair dollars, and went to fans.

I think it has to be a hobby, though. A woman isn't likely to put up with it.

Reply to
Ron Hardin