ceiling fan wiring - relocate reverse switch?

I'm installing a ceiling in a room with 17' ceiling. The main purpose for the fan is to reduce energy consumption. This will involve reversing fan direction from summer to winter.

I wouldn't beable to use the reverse switch on the fan. Can I wire a switch somewhere that just reverves the current flow to the fan/light assembly?

Thanks

Reply to
dojocre8

Here's a link to an Emerson univeral remote that says it includes direction control:

There may be others as well. I think remotes are the way to go. They make an install easy, as you just need to get 120V to the fan, no need to route wires to a switch box.

Reply to
trader4

I think the winter/summer reversing of the fan is a common fallacy. Regardless of the direction of the turning blades, the warm and cool air in the room get mixed together and prevent a build up of warm air on the ceiling. If you like to feel a breeze and get some sort of wind chill then have the blades blow the air down. If you don't want to feel a breeze, but still want to prevent a build up of warm air on the ceiling then have the fan blow the air upwards.

I have a 15' ceiling and keep my fan blowing down at medium speed 24/7 as I have noticed that it keeps the upstairs from accumulating heat in winter and summer. If someone wants more heat upstairs, I shut off the fan instead of raising the thermostat and it gets warmer very quickly.

Reply to
John Grabowski