Who makes the Sears Kenmore Electric Hot Water Heater??

It looks like to me that maybe AO Smith makes it because the Sears Power Miser 12, 80 Gallon looks very much like the AO Smith Conservationist 80 Gallon. The specs also match up fairly well.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge, wisdom and recommendations.

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Debbie

This is Turtle.

The Brand that bid's the lowest this month to let Kenmore put their name on it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

On 08/16/05 06:15 pm TURTLE tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Hey, if awarding the contract to the lowest bidder works for the Feds (and probably every other gubbermint body in the USA), why should Sears aim any higher?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

State Industries.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

On 8/16/2005 4:53 PM US(ET), Bill & Debbie took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Find the model number. The first few numbers (usually with a period or space after) of the model number designate the manufacturer. When you get the first few letters, go here:

willshak

This is Turtle.

Well Look at out Gubberment as you say and ask me as we get every dollars work of product we buy with bidding out the jobs and contracts to the lowest bidder. We bidded out the space shuttle to the lowest bidder and bid out the $4.00 O-Ring that blew up the space shuttle years back.

The Next time you get on air plane. think about this. Every engine , nut and bolt was bid out to the lowest or cheapest bidder. Now if the plane crashes , do worry for the companys that bid that low made a lot of money to buy good life insurance on a crash and have to pay your family for not seeing you again.

Yes, It is good to give the job of taking care of your life to the cheapest / lowest bidder.

Now Perce , For real the federal government does not take the lowest bidder in most all bidding. they throw out the highest bid and the lowest bid and pick from the middle bids. They are not stupid at all either for they know what the top bid and lowest bid is coming from.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Having worked on the program I can tell you that STS (the acronym for the shuttle's official name, the Space Transportation System) has always been a cost reimbursement type contract, not a fixed price one. The winning bid on most subsystems is awarded to the contractor who demonstrates the best overall solution (considering technology, life safety, maintainability, and yes, cost) for a given component.

Many of the systems we sold to commercial airframe manufacturers were purchased because they were the most accurate for navigation, saved fuel, had lowest maintainability cost. Purchase price has some influence on the purchase decision, but it isn't the only criteria.

Reply to
Travis Jordan