Cheep Multi Tester

Throw one in each tool box -- don't leave home without it.

three bucks.

Stormin Mormonn

Had several shaver (personal grooming) cases left over. They make ideal protective cases for small test meters, including a set of suitable leads and maybe a spare battery, in each case. Terry.

Reply to
Terry

Does it use a $7 battery?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

no it does not and i believe it comes with two cheap china batteries... i bought one, dont care for it much.. also had one from sears for about $12.95, did not like that one also.. because it was digital.. seemed that it was not too accurate.. i went back to a analog multimeter from radio shack that i bought about 30 yrs. ago for about $29.00..... not that this one is any more accurate either, just like the feel of it.

Reply to
jim

Actually, it uses a standard 9V, **BUT**, it is truly a piece of junk. I bought one about 18 months ago from HF. At the time is cost $10. It didn't work at all so I called them and they sent me a new one which seemed to work fine. I then noted that the original had a blown fuse, so I replaced the fuse and it worked as well. Two days ago I went to test an outlet. One meter showed 167 V, the other was out of range (over 750V). My old trusty analog showed 121 V. So I suggest saving your $3 plus shipping and handling (over $10 if this is all you get).

Reply to
Marilyn and Bob

Does it use a $7 battery?

Bob

CY: No, about fourteen bucks. I think it takes AA batt, already installed. That or 9V transistor. Can't remember. Probably the transistor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Ohhh, a "transistor battery"... for your "transistor radio".

You're old.

:-)

Reply to
Jimmy

Blow it out yer ass, sonny boy.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

You're right it takes a standard 9V. But it isn't a piece of junk. Maybe you just got a bad run. Mine is accurate and is only on it's second battery in 2-3 years because I sometimes forget to turn it off. And it the original battery was down to an incredible 3.5V when it quit working. Didn't think anything that took a 9V battery would work at 3.5V but this one still ran the display but the readings were flackey. So if you get weird voltages maybe the batteries is down. BTW, this same meter is sold in other stores under different names for up to $20. I bought mine on sale for $4.50.

My meter is highly consistent reading house voltage and compares closely with other voltmeters. But mine does have one quirk. The display is photovoltaic so in strong light a

12V battery measurement will read as much as 0.4V higher than if the display is shaded. Doesn't bother me know that I know that it does it.

I d>

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I have several of those and they do have one flaw. If the temperature is x9.5 to x9.9 degrees Celsius the Fahrenheit temperature displayed will be about 15 degrees too low.

Reply to
Daniel Prince