Check your tire pressure

With the cold we are all experiencing, remember to check your tire pressure. I went out this morning and they were a couple of pounds low and temperature will drop more today.

Of course, I used certified winter air.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's one of the few things that hasn't gone up in price lately. Unfortunately, it's like buying someone a quart of oil for a Christmas present.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

At -14C if the tire is low when you leave it's liable to be flat before you get where you are going as you roll the hard rubber tire off the rim in a frozen rut - - Also bead leaks seem to get a lot worse when the beed rubber hardens in the cold

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The just-passed incredibly irresponsible federal budget bill jammed down our throats by the tax and spend feds requires you to report that on schedule FU to pay the extra tax on your 2022 Form 1040

Reply to
Wade Garrett

That's OK, I buy the best. Trump Air. It is pre-bloviated and the hottest air you can get.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I make my own winter air, by saving summer air and cooling it. Believe me, it's just as good and a lot cheaper than certified winter air.

Reply to
micky

It has gone up here. The gas station where 5 years ago the air was free is now charging $2. I declined. They did have one of the lowest gas prices though, so I bought that. Wawa here has free air, only problem with all of these is that they are poorly maintained, the chucks have been used so much that they won't seal and leak. I have a compressor, but it's still a bit of a pain to use it compared to an air tower at a gas station.

Reply to
trader_4

I'll have to thank my husband for making our compressor easy to use. Flick a switch in the shop, pull as much hose outdoors as you need, then fill the tires. It was very convenient when one of the lawn tractor tires had a slow leak and I'd have to fill it every time I wanted to mow.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I had a mower that had a slow leak so I bought a can of 'Fix a Flat' and put about half in each of the rear tires just before mowing. Almost never had to add air to those tires again.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I went the other route with a small pancake compressor that I can bring to whatever needs filling.

Reply to
rbowman

Compressed air is a regular utility in his workshop. He makes a fair use of pneumatic nailers and staplers. And, of course, the air is available to blow debris off his work piece. There's a big concrete pad in front of the shop where we can pull up a couple of cars (or utility trailers) and still have room to work around them.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

So does he like winter air better, or summer air?

Reply to
micky