Charging Cordless Batteries in a Car

I'd like to hear from anyone who is having success charging the batteries for a cordless tool using an inverter in their car.

Especially if they are using one of the less expensive inverters that does not produce a true sine wave.

Reply to
The Streets

I charge batteries for my Sony camcorder, and still camera with no problem using a 400 watt AC Delco el-cheapo inverter. Also use it to charge the battery in my laptop.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I always wondered what would happen if a 12v tool battery was hooked right to the car battery?????

Reply to
businessman

I have a charger that just plugs into any power point in the car. No inverter needed. It came with my DeWalt tool set.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Smoke? Fire? Exploding batteries?

Put the appropriate resistor or some other current limiting component in series and it would charge them.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F