Chainsaw bar oil (is motor oil ok in a pinch or does it ruin the chain)?

!!! You are being ripped off. Highest I ever paid was $10 and usually seve ral dollars under that. I almost always sharpen myself but sometimes I get lazy.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I have the Husky 445 which uses a pixel microthin bar (I don't know why they bother) but it takes a special chain, unfortunately.

A normal chain is too thick for the bar.

Reply to
Ewald B?hm

I'm pretty careful to keep the bar out of the dirt . I'd rather switch saws then swap or sharpen the chains when I'm done for the day . I only have one spare for each saw , but I keep them sharp in case I get stupid . Around here if you touch dirt there's a pretty good chance there's a rock there ... there is a reason they called it Stone County .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Any dealer should be able to either get or make up a chain for it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

A few years ago I was cutting up a large branch laying on a gravel road. I was very carful but finished a cut and saw a line in the dirt. didn't eve n try another rcut, just got out the tool box and changed chains. :)

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K