Ceiling fan w/ light - Light doesn't work

First time poster here, so be nice....

I bought a ceiling fan with light from Lowes this afternoon and installed it this evening. This combo piece is replacing an existing fan-only fixture, and as such, there were only three wires coming out of the outlet box (white, black, and ground). The fan operated off of a single wall switch.

The instructions on my new fixture have (I thought) a wiring section titled "Fan and Light controlled by chain" and has an illustration connecting the fan white/black to the outlet white/black, and having the fan blue wire capped off and not connecting to anything.

Anywho, that's what I did, and the fan works great. Problem is, my lights won't come on.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I searched for a while and couldn't find anything that fit this situation.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike in Franklin TN

Reply to
michael.haskins

The blue wire is for the light. Connect it to the black wire.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Easy enough. Thanks!

Reply to