Ceiling fan capacitors

Got a bad cap. Went to the big box stores where I had seen replacement caps before, and no one carries them. Searched on line, and all I can find is large oval HVAC type units. WTH happened to the blisterpacked replacement ceiling fan caps? Anyone know of a source (4.7 - 5 uF, 370 wvdc,)?

Thanks, DP

Reply to
dellphinus

Need to go to an HVAC supply house, most of the outside fans in the heat and a/c unit I service use 5 uf 370 v.

mrkool

Reply to
mrkool

Yea, I checked into the HVAC units- they're too big to fit in the fan housing. Most of the HVAC types are around 2 x 2 x 1. The ceiling fan jobs are around 1x1x1/4.

Reply to
dellphinus

Reply to
dellphinus

Check

for these caps.

I found this one:

Ask them about actual size of this cap.

Reply to
kgyula

Have you tried Radio Shack?

Greg

Reply to
The Carters

Try this site...

and ask the dimensions. If that doesn't help then you might try checking the brand name and Google from there...good luck...

Reply to
Ross Mac