CCW stops robbery...lucky!

Psst! A Police Officer is not required to act as a police officer.

Reply to
HeyBub

The only thing to evaluate is whether you firearm is still capable of firing. If it is, keep shooting. If not, reload.

Here are the General Orders for a gunfight. Pay particular attention to #10.

  1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
  2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive
  3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
  4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
  5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
  6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
  7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
  8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
  9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
  10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
  11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
  12. Have a plan.
  13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
  14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
  15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
  16. Don't drop your guard.
  17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
  18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.
  19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
  20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
  21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
  23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
  24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."
Reply to
HeyBub

No, sometimes it's an effort to correct a misunderstanding or misaprehension of how a firearm works. At least two or three times a year we hear of some cop who puts a Glock in his POCKET and is amazed that if blows off his nuts when he sits down.

I saw a video of an army MP sergeant who could draw a 1911 from a fastened flap holster, chamber a round, and fire in 0.17 seconds! With enough practice (and God knows, a sergeant of MPs hasn't much else to do), just about anything is possible.

Reply to
HeyBub

"Dave Bugg" wrote

Any person who carries should know their weapon intimately. I have three that I favor, and know the intricacies of all three. If a person is not intimately knowledgeable of their weapon, they should NOT be carrying one concealed. If you're just banging, that's something else entirely.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

my suggestion to Merrill:

  1. get a revolver

  1. similar scenario -> shoot first, talk later

Reply to
bill allemann

Sorry; I'm more concerned about its function than it's spelling ;-)

Right. With it's safety engaged, there's no chance of a round accidentally from any cause. Which is why there is no risk of a slam-fire.

Fair enough. My point is, that I don't have that same beef.

Not in everything :-)

I'm chilled. But I won't be bullied about my preferences. Go back and look at the thread, Jim. All the criticism about chamber-empty carry, centered around direct responses to my answer to a question. If y'all had simply answered the same question with your own responses, *THAT* would have been a discussion. But to pile up on my response, addressing me about why *MY* carry method is wrong ain't close to a discussion.

I respect you, Jim, and we're on the same side of the RKBA issue, but I don't have to justify my style of carry to anyone :-)

Reply to
Dave Bugg

So you're worried I'll blow my nuts off, or that I'm carrying in a dangerous manner? Sorry, but I have to call partial B.S. on that :-) Go back and look at the thread and you'll see that I never stated that carrying with one in the pipe is dangerous, or harped on anyone for doing so.

I don't use a holster with a flap, and I practice drawing and racking.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I can't tell by that statement if you think I have a problem of not knowing my weapon.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

DETOUR TIME: Speaking of bad guys, why wasn't this guy apprehended before he left the eyeglass store, just for having horrible fashion taste? What is with those friggin glasses???

JoeSpareBedroom

ROTFLOL!!! There's never a fashion cop around when you really need one!!

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I have long wondered what happened to Marty Ingels (g).

Kurt Ullman

vr27.news.prodigy.net:

Case of idiot civilians bitchign about cops use of force.

Spokane, WA last Friday (IIRC) vehicl chase, ends in foot pursuit, perp cornered, pulls gun, gun battle, perp wounded.

No problem? Guess again.

News last night. Big uproar about the 'shoot'. People bitching about whether the deputy fired first. Note that there is NO denial that perp pointed his weapon at the deputy before the fun started.

Guess they think the perp should get a free first shot and return fire is only to be directed at shooting the gun out of his hand.

I shouldn't be by now but I am constantly amazed at how stupid people can be.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I was countering your argument that there was a "nanny-state" mentality going on. That many of the posts recommended considering alternatives and that some of the espoused concepts were wrong, at least in some contexts, was my thrust.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about blowing off your nuts. One reason is you don't have a Glock. There are other reasons into which we need not delve.

Reply to
HeyBub

innews:NYpfj.33685$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Sounds like a Civilian Review Board (CRB) wanting to meddle in police business. In Las Vegas we have a Coroner's Inquest to review shootings by Police. Under Oath.

Note to self:

1) Dead perps don't testify

2) Don't let the facts interfere with a good report

Oren

--

Reply to
Oren

Harry K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w11g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

He's lucky he's only wounded and not dead.

I don't think that way.

It's because of MOVIES and TV,crap like the Lethal Weapon series.

there have been a few incidents such as Amadou Diallo in NYC,where the person didn't do anything,yet the police opened up with a hail of gunfire.And to top it off,most of their shots MISSED.

I favor that police have digital cams on their persons to record when their gun is drawn.With a secure memory that they cannot easily alter. The cam could xmit to a HD in the patrol car,or to WiFi link,to save weight.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I see nothing wrong with a civilian review board.(properly trained/educated) After all,the police DO work for US.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

and not politicized (probably the hardest of the three).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Back 'atcha, Steve :-)

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Not at all, Dave. You are one of the few informed people here when it comes to guns. The conversation becomes convoluted when it is a group discussion, and I make statements that are intended for several people, and not to just the poster. Sorry I was not specific. I have no problems at all with your techniques for or reasons to carry. I wish more people were as informed and experienced as you are.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

To me, it's kind of like welding. I know how to weld. Better than 99% of the people on this earth. I have passed serious x ray certs and have welded underwater. But when I am at parties and hear discussions about welding, I just sit back and don't get involved. At times it's amusing. Other times, it's just fricking hilarious. I feel the same way about guns. Still sometimes I need to and need to learn how to just pass on the bullshit and not get involved in pig wrestling.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB