Cavity Wall Dry Lining Box

Can this be fitted to a plywood panel? What holds it in place?

Kenny

Reply to
Kenny

Explained here

Plywood should work if it is same (or close to same) thickness as the dry liner.

For the benefit of us USA readers, "drylining" is what we would call drywall or sheetrock, vs wet plaster.

Retired

Thanks for the reply. Seems screwing in the face plate clamps it to the board, that would suit OK. I'm not actually intending it for power sockets, just a little project I have in mind.

Kenny

Explained here

Plywood should work if it is same (or close to same) thickness as the dry liner.

For the benefit of us USA readers, "drylining" is what we would call drywall or sheetrock, vs wet plaster.

Kenny

On this side of the pond (The Colonies) we have plastic rings which are open and meant for low/no voltage installs - e.g. computer cabling, antenna coax or flat cable and low voltage. Simple ring that provides a secure mount for the face plate of your choice. Little plastic ears on either side are extended by screwing them down. Nice to have around for that kind of work.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused