caulk question

I need to recaulk where my flashing meets my chimney. I've been told by a roofer that the best caulk for this is by or is called vulkem (sp?). Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, where can I get *one* tube retail?

thanks in advance,

Joe C. Remove the key to reply

Reply to
Joe C

I am assuming that your chimney is masonry? If so, then Vulkem is a great product. Look in your yellow pages for "Waterproofing products". (Keep in mind that waterproofing will be AFTER water wells in the yellow pages). Any of the stores listed there should carry it or be able to get it for you.

Here is a pdf file on Vulkem 116:

You could also use Geocell 2300 or PL2000.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Vulkem is excellent caulk. It is one of the urethanes. Equivalent caulk would be NP1 by Sonneborn. These products should be available at any commercial contractors' supply store.

DanG

Reply to
damn-spam

Always keep your caulk in your pants when you are in public !

Reply to
JerrySpringer