Cat in the furnace

She's not at all mechanically minded. She did try to cover the outlets with cardboard and duct tape, though.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How old is this person?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Mid fifties.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just to make sure I'm really clear about this - her heat vents were uncovered, and she somehow thought this was normal? How is that possible??? I mean, that should've been fixed within 2 days of moving into the house?

Why were there no covers?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I have had birds in the hot water tank flue, chimney cap added.

found a dead mouse once its tail stuck between 2 pieces of romex, apparently it had gotten stuck...

mice in the house, chipmunk in the kitchen, bat in house, wildlife intrudes occasionally.....

Reply to
hallerb

Possum got into the garage while I was away; must have got stuck between two file cabinets -- smelled so horrible I didn't dare remove the -- uh-- you don't want to know - called the animal shelter; they came out and removed it. I can't get out of my mind what an awful, slow death that poor animal went through.

Reply to
aspasia