Carrier Synergy 2000 - Is it obsolete?

Page 2 of 2

and
removed.
similar.
McQuay has already taken "Enfinity"...
--
SVL

The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the same thing. The one available now has a Bristol compressor in it. They are coming out with another one, maybe in the summer of 2006, with a Copeland compressor that has a higher SEER rating. Either way, you can get a 38YD now and in the future. It is the 38YCC and 38EYG that are being phased out.

The new Carrier book I have doesn't list ANY 38s. All of the new model numbers start with 24 or 25 (and I think they are ugly! Of course, it's only a B&W picture right now....)
They ARE changing all the model #s. Something to do with inventory, to reduce on the number of mis-shipments. For now, we are still ordering the 38YDBs as 38YDBs; they are still in stock. I am sure they will be changing the model number this year, but for now you can still get a 38YDB. And even after that, it will still be the dual-stage compressor, the same unit, maybe a different cabinet and a new model...but basically still the same thing.
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Yew all don't know what in THE hell you are talkin' about!!!
My middle name is Carrier!
No....wait a minute.......that's my blood donor card......
That's why they don't let me donate blood no more....