Carrier Corp.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:54:13 -0600, philo wrote in

Very much like the U.S. in the 1890s to 1940s.

Reply to
CRNG

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination - they'd vote for anyone BUT her.

Reply to
Muggles

I think you're right about what you said on Trump, here.

Reply to
Muggles

Speaking of as prices, I put gas in my van 2 days ago and it was only $1.19 a gallon. It's been like 15 or 20 years since I think I've seen that!

Reply to
Muggles

Yes...I know NY did not even have garbage collection until 1905 or thereabouts.

Then there is Japan.

A friend whet to Tokyo and said you could not find so much as a cigarette butt on the ground.

Reply to
philo

More info I didn't know, thanks.

Reply to
Tekkie®

If we actually had a Ross Perot kinda guy with his charts and graphs who would explain to the kids how much trouble they are in with the underfunded entitlements and the $19 Trillion dollar debt, they would not be so happy with Bernie and they might even start voting to throw grand momma from the train.

Reply to
gfretwell

Unfortunately their grandparents maxed out the credit card. One day they will figure it out.

Reply to
gfretwell

He said it load and clear. Buchanan repeated it if anyone missed it the first time around. The sheep all thought it was someone else's job that would be going away.

Reply to
rbowman

If the peasants couldn't buy cheap Chinese stuff at Walmart they would really be upset. Unfortunately you can only exploit foreign labor just so long.

Reply to
rbowman

By no means did I mean to imply the Democrats are any less culpable than the Republicans.

Reply to
rbowman

Sure, but those are different people, mostly Republicans. I don't know any Democrats who wouldn't vote for her, certainly no Democratic elected official who has said he wouldn't, so it's not comparable.

Reply to
Micky

BTW, I haven't read every single post but I've read quite a few in the last 24 hours, and afaict you've done little or more likely nothing to get in return the hostility for believing in God. You haven't threatened non-believers with hell, which some others do and which is a totally obnoxious practice. Maybe whoever has called your views silly and something worse are mixing you up with them, he said, trying to find some way not to blame anyone.

Reply to
Micky

I know several Democrats who detested Clinton in 2008 and thought she was the symbol of corruption and warmongering in the Democratic Party. I wonder if they have had conversion experiences in the last seven years.

Reply to
rbowman

seems to me

the Republicans support big buisness

the Democrats support big government

so many of the big discussions are these two groups duking it out..

All the while, nobody supports the average citizen.

makolber

I think that's about right.

Reply to
SeaNymph

Especially in light of the fact that you post a lot on subjects either related to home repair or the jibber jabber that is also discussed here. I didn't find the first post about God but I suspect it just came up with thread drift and one or two people must have a problem with the topic more than you if they couldn't just ignore what annoyed them.

They should apologize for calling your views silly and something worse. They weren't provoked and shouldn't have been insulting.

Reply to
Micky

Revenge is on the horizon. Look up "smurfing and China" on the internet.

As the Chinese economy runs out of steam the rich increasingly trying to move large sums of money out of the country, worried that the value of the currency will fall and their savings will be worth less or even worthless. Wealthy Chinese (I suppose the word "Chinamen" isn't PC) are having their friends or family members carry $50,000, (the yearly legal limit in China) to places like the US or Europe (smurfing). I assume once the government figures that out, the $50K number will drop way down. There's a real capital flight from China that could do more damage to them than our job flight to China has done to us.

It's the culmination of 10 years of the Chinese banks willing to loan money to nearly anyone for anything. I give them credit for knowing what comes next: The banks fold and the government bails them out with tax payer money, both putting tax payers deeper in debt AND reducing the value of whatever equities they have.

Reply to
Robert Green

I think I've seen more people who say they're neither R or D say they'd vote for ANY one but her.

Reply to
Muggles

Thanks, Micky.

I think some trolls came onto the group fueling the fire.

Reply to
Muggles