Carpet Ants Live in Downsprout?

Carpenter ants are more a symptom than a problem. They eat wood that is moisture damaged already, or, occasionally, old termite tubes. Dumping ammonia down a downspout is pretty pointless.

Reply to
NorMinn

Poison doesn't keep much of anything "away" - insecticides generally kill what is there. Destroying ants in the yard is pointless, and can be harmfull. Most bugs have positive effects, too.

Right on. Take care of structural damage, fascia before slapping that new roof on. Be prepared to replace some decking if it has been leaking for quite a while. I'll wager the ants leave when the conditions are made unfavorable for them.

I'd worry about fixing the roof; the ants will go.

Reply to
NorMinn

That depends on what kind of apartment. I used to live in an apartment in New York City that is quite nice. But I also lived in an apartment elsewhere that had very thin wall and floor. In general, I find that I can get a much better living environment in a house than in an apartment for the same amount of money. Living in a house is definitely better for me because I have kids despite the fact that the house is old (not one of those charming old houses) and was not built right.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

I hear you. This is true especially for me because I have kids. That is the reason why I only ask pest control people to spray outdoor near the house and not indoor, and I don't use insecticides on my lawn either.

I expect to replace the entire roof, not just the roofing. The roof has existing problem that I have already known.

Hope everything will go well for me.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan