Careful, it's heavy!

You're not a good liar, either.

Reply to
Meanie

There's an astonishing bit of video from, I guess, the 1920s showing an American labourer shifting 2 cwt sacks (of grain?) from a shoulder height conveyer belt and loading them on to a flatbed lorry a few paces away. One sack every few seconds. He is a big bloke, maybe 6 foot 6 inches and a good 17 stone. It's clearly arranged so that he doesn't really do any lifting, just a bit of lowering.

Reply to
newshound

It's only common sense to lift things correctly. We shouldn't have to be taught.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

I'm a very good liar, but in this case I wasn't lying. Which means you're not very good at telling if something is a lie.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

It doesn't say keep away from pets, just babies and young children.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

Do us all a favour and publish all of them

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I guess I better knock off the Romanian deadlifts...

Reply to
rbowman

I've said this before... Late '40's, grain sacks were supplied by the local railway. Filled to the brim with Wheat from the threshing m/c and stitched shut, they weighed 2.1/4cwt. Raised to shoulder height by a manually powered sack lift they were carried by a farm labourer to a dry barn. Not unlikely up a ladder as well.

No H&S and with female labour about, a great deal of exhibitionism.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And a lot more work achieved.

Ooooh hot sweaty girls taking off clothing.....

Reply to
Liam Roberts

Is that a technique or are you lifting Romanians?

Reply to
Liam Roberts

Silly me, I often forget you're the best at everything you do and others don't match up to your qualities <sarcasm off>.

You're still not a good liar.

Reply to
Meanie

Recent nyms seem to be:

Stephen Watkin, Stuard Dogkin, Bruce Farquhar, Fred Johnson, Kirsty Ogilvie, Cristoper McVitie, Liam Roberts

However I don't bother filtering him on nyms, I use other methods so that any suspect posts get flagged without me needing to tweak the filter each time.

Reply to
John Rumm

WARNING: You are about to eat a twinkie. This will subtract 75.2 milliseconds from your life expectancy, and increase your risk of a cardiac event by .0000003%. These changes cause your risk to pass a threshold and increase your health insurance premium by $407 per month.

Your bank indicates that you will not be able to afford that and you will lose your insurance.

Since health insurance is now mandatory, you will be assessed a penalty of approximately $24,567.78. You will not be able to afford that either, and will be guilty of tax evasion.

The penalty for tax evasion is life in prison. According to our computer, there will be an 81.56% chance of torture, a 95.2% chance of sexual abuse, and a 0% chance of twinkies.

Is that one twinkie worth it?

Reply to
Jack

Slave labour was it? They could always take another job.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

Just one question, is a twinkie a chocolate bar or a young person?

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

Nice to know I'm keeping you busy. And you ought to fix your filter - why are you seeing replies to me? Your filter really doesn't work very well if that happens.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

That's called evolution.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

You're lucky you weren't jailed for endangering yourself. It's very very illegal to ignore health warnings.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

She should have received nothing. Coffee is hot, end of story. She should have known this. When I make coffee, I BOIL the kettle. It only cools when adding some milk.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William

The most sensible idea is to have all the sizes true and comparable, then I can simply buy something from any shop the same size (or one bigger) than a label on something I have at home. Any shop who sells me something in a size I don't expect (too large or too small) has it returned with an angry complaint, then I shop elsewhere.

Reply to
William Gothberg" <"William