Can you replace vinyl or wood siding with stucco?

I've seen houses go through facelifts in magazines where it appears as though the original vinyl or wood (or somesuch) siding was replaced with stucco. How difficult is this? How expensive? I'm thinking of buying a house whose outside is textured stucco on the bottom floor and some sort of siding on the top floor. I think it looks bad and am wondering what it would take to replace it all with smooth stucco. Any ideas or advice would be well appreciated.

Reply to
mkn_27

Cost will vary based on the type of materials, the construction of your home and the local price structure. Get an estimate from a local contractor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan