Can NM cable be used in NYC ?

If I connect the ground to the inside of the box, etc ?

I want to run plugmold on the *underside* of my kitchen cabinets. However, to keep the profile as shallow as possible, I was considering using NM cable versus BX . Anyone know if this is acceptable ?

I know BX has to be run for almost everything.......

Reply to
alan

I dunno about NYC, but have you looked into using conduit? There is a product that I want to call "Wiremold", but I'm not sure that's the right name; (maybe it's the "plugmold" that you mentioned) it is a 3/8" EMT with a decorative metal trim. You would run separate conductors in it, not NM cable. It would tuck under the cabinets quite nicely, and the electrical code should treat it just like EMT.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob