can my door be fixed or should it be replaced?

door coming apart at seams, 9 pane glass. can this be repaired? also it is splitting apart about mid way on left panel. brand new door.

Reply to
cindybruce

Anything can be fixed.

How handy are you? If you can do it yourself and you don't charge for your time, it might be worthwhile to do it yourself. Sort of depends on exactly how bad it is. If it is a really special door or of historical value it may be worth having a professional do it. My guess is you would be better off buying a new door.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If it's coming apart at the seams it can be reguled and clamped and left to dry overnight. I've done that lots of times. Usually I do this while refurbishing a door and after I have removed all the paint. It's the splitting apart that I'm not sure about. I'd need pictures to get a better idea.

Reply to
scott21230

Possibilities.. Cheap door Defective door Not primed and painted correctly or soon enough.

Reply to
NickySantoro

If this is a new door I would contact the store or manufacturer.

In my experiance a door can be abused for a while before it actually starts to fall apart.

If a wood panel is splitting was it properly sealed (paint or varnish) ?

Reply to
marks542004