Can I undercoat my hardwood floors

One of the drawbacks to the attractive 45 year old hardwoodfloors in my home in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles is that they leak cold air. I'm aware that what I really should do is apply insulated bats between the joists, held in place by stiff wires. Thing is, I'm not sure I'm physically up to crawling in and out of the crawl space with all those bats to do the job. It occured to me that I wished I could use automotive undercoating (or a similar product) sprayed directing under the subfloor from the crawl space. Is there anything like this availible? I think I could be happy if I could just stop the ingress of cold air.

Thanks

Reply to
Doug

Spray-in foam insulation? That would solve both problems - air infiltration and insulation. Probably a pro job, though, not a DIY.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly