Can anyone identify this water pressure regulator

ide quoted text -

P.S. Forgot to mention that SharkBites let you work on pipes that have water in them, something that makes sweating a bit troublesome.

I once tried to sweat a cap onto a pipe that had some water in it. The steam built up and shot it across the basement.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You should have a little leeway there with your temps! :-) Unless a fire breaks out, then it may fail and put out the fire!

I more curious than anything, what is your pressure at what time? Early morning should be the highest before people start getting ready for work.

Reply to
Tony

Not sure I would assume that pressure will never exceed 100psi. Water systems tend to have lots of spikes and also off peak pressure buildup. I have gauges on both sides of the regulator and it isn't unusual to see street pressure showing 130 psi at 4 AM.

The prior water company here started to cheap out and switched to plastic for service lines. After a few years they were plagued with leaks. The water company that bought them out spent years replacing the plastic used by the prior company.

Reply to
George

"Tony" wrote

Shark bites are good for 160. Street pressure is usually in the 80 to 120 range.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mine was a royal pain to get at too. Now is the time to take care of that so you can get to it easy next time.

JImmie

Reply to
JIMMIE