campbellhausfeld airless sprayers???

What's the opinion of readers of this NG regarding Campbell Hausfeld sprayers?

I have one of their older ones and was disapointed to find that they no longer supply parts for it.

I was thinking that maybe I'd buy another one, maybe used but after looking at their web site I see that they only list one manual for an AL2550 and it didnt' have an exploded parts list and I know that they have lots of other models. So I am beginning to think that they are not the best brand to buy if you are gonna keep it a while and expect that you may need spare parts in the future.

What do ya'll think?

other recommendations, I'm just the ocassional 1x/5yrs spraying kind of guy.

Don

Reply to
nospam.don

I own a Graco. They come in all sizes and they stock parts for them at my local Sherwin Williams. I like mine quite well. Just be sure to buy one from a store that knows the machin and stocks parts. here's a link.

Lawrence

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

For use once in 5 years,I'd consider renting one. Otherwise,you risk parts rotting away or stiffening up from age and disuse. Or buy a cheapo Harbor Freight sprayer.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Campbell-Hausfeld = Junk

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I used to paint professionally for many years and I used a CH Airless for several years and honestly I couldn't kill it. It was a pain in the backside to use, but at least I could fix it if needed. Now that parts aren't available I threw my old CH out and bought a Wagner which works nicely. I don't paint professionally any more but I use my Wagner "Paint Crew" pump I bought at Home Depot for $199 extensively around my home and I am satisfied with the performance. I wouldn't use it professionally - for that, get a Graco or Titan.

Throw out the old pump, it's junk.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jeffreydesign

Check that - the Wagner was $99 at home depot. Can't get much cheaper than that. Comes with a decent gun, 35' of hose and reversable tip.