Caloric Heritage series Oven Problem

Hello

My caloric gas oven, with the flat grills on top will not fire up. The 4 grills ignite so I know the gas is getting thru. but when I turn on the oven all i see if the bright glow device getting hot and the gas never turns on. What could cause this to happen. what part should I look at or just replace

Thanks in advance

Larry

Reply to
Larry P

Hi,

The hot surface ignitor CAN glow red and still be bad!!

to check the HSI.

A couple of common Caloric ignitors...

?R=153&N=2198 jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid