Buying house in houston

anyone know of a good home inspector?

Reply to
christa visser-lane

I'm in Houston. I don't think we HAVE home inspectors.

Why would you want one anyway? You can get plenty of advice right here.

When I bought my house, it was "inspected," and I got a "report." I swear to God, one room was described as "I don't like the color."

As a last resort, ask "a" realtor (not the one that's handling your transaction - realtors are often in bed with those who claim to be inspectors).

As an aside, what part of town?

H "I certainly can't advise you whether to buy that particular house, but notice the apartment house on the other side of the fence from the house you're interested in. It is a NEST of thieves! When I'm not busy, like now, I drive through the parking lot running license plates. I always find one to five stolen cars. My buddies on the night shift tell me they get a call for some kind of violence there every night."

I thanked him and drove on. And on. (Although I did consider the entertainment value of a "target rich" environment.)

Reply to
HeyBub

Are you sexy? I can be a home inspector, if you'll dress up like a young cheerleader.

Reply to
Home Guy

Wrong.... we sure do (I'm in west Houston) and they are licensed nowadays. I'm also a realtor (by referal only basis) not in bed with any inspector. This may sound funny but I do NOT recommend an Engineer for an inspector. Seen too many of their reports equal or less informative than the non-Engineering inspector. And if it helps any, I'm also an Engineer so I have a good feel for what I'm saying and no, I don't do inspections except for myself if I buy a house. Since I haven't hired any inspectors, I can't recommend any.

Reply to
Doug

I'd tell him:

  • Low unemployment.
  • Extremely low property taxes.
  • No state income tax.
  • Lax gun laws.
  • Availability of "He needed killin' " defense.
  • Right To Work state.
  • Great arts venue. The annual Livestock Show and Rodeo draws more spectators than the three professional sports teams. Combined.
  • Drivers must yield to horseback riders.
  • Seventeen WalMarts.
  • No zoning.

And several other positive attributes, but you get the idea.

Now I'll admit that folks are partial to the area in which they grew up or the area with which they are most familiar. But, gosh, there ARE limits.

For instance, right now, my current squeeze is involved in a temporary job in her hometown of Buffalo, NY. It's snowing in Buffalo. Today it got up to

77° in Houston. (I don't want to talk about what happens in the summer.)

Our attitude - and this extends to illegal aliens and my luscious - is that we welcome and encourage them. They demonstrate that they're willing to take a risk, want to provide better for their families, and are confident in their own abilities. They are exactly the kind of folks we want.

Reply to
HeyBub

Fake Home Guy forged:

Forgery.

I don't use Eternal September, nor do I use OE to read/post.

Reply to
Home Guy