Burn spot in formica kitchen counter

In a rental unit, I have a burned spot(about 2" in diameter )on the formica

kitchen countertop. > > Short of replacing the entire kitchen countertop surface, are there other > solutions that have worked for the group's members? > > Thank you very much for any and all input. > > Bob
Reply to
Bob

You could pattern rout some kind of trivet into the formica. I think. Tom

Reply to
tom

Along those lines, I routed a 9/16" deep area in the countertop to accommodate a nice hardwood cutting board The routed area was completely lined with Formica after being satisfied with the fit. My customer was thrilled and it resulted in several other jobs in the area at $100 each!

Reply to
1D10T

My wife and i are landlords also. Our answer would be "It's a rental".

Steve Barker