It seems it gets hot, but doesn't glow. It took 3X normal
time to do lambchops tonight.
I thought they just went, not reduced heat.
Do I just need a new one, or could something
else be wrong?
Thankyou for your help!
I assume that this is a 220V stove/range. Measure the voltage
(carefully) at the connection of the element to see if you have full
voltage there as compared to the line voltage. The other poster is
correct that most likely it is a faulty connection either loose,
corroded or overheated which is now acting like a resistor.
Thanks all for your advice. I'll check the connection, then
Am I right in assuming that these elements are either OK
or that the resistance is open, no middle ground?
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.