PVC pipe repairs

I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs bathroom.

This tee joint is leaking badly but it cannot be replaced due to the fact that it is embedded in a concrete pillar.

I have managed to expose most of this joint but do not want to remove the structural steel work surrounding it.

Any ideas?????

Reply to
simonjt

Is the leak in the glue joint? I have had some luck by creating a vacume within the pipe, and applying PVC cement which is then "sucked" into the joint, sealing it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Thin down some pvc cement slightly with some primer. Soak it into the leaking joint. This works more times than not.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Steve's a troller.

Reply to
kellyj00

Steve's a troller. ;-)

Reply to
kellyj00

Steve's a troller. ;-)

Reply to
kellyj00

Steve's out trolling, I see. ;-)

Reply to
kellyj00

Damn it, sorry steve. meant to send that once, and In another forum....on top of that you were calling someone else a 'troller', which is a term I don't even understand.

Steve is indeed not a troller, he's in fact a bigger man than I.

-Jason "head up arse" Valley Center, KS

Reply to
kellyj00

Plastic welding kit? Was going to try it out but HF didn't have one in stock.

# Fred #

This site is in the UK, but I bought a product like this at one of the BORGS.

The seam around the middle of my PVC Drum Trap
leaking and replacing it meant redoing all the drains under my kitchen sink. I figured I would try the putty at least temporarily, but it's been a couple of years and it's still holding.

It's a log made of two different materials that you blend together by hand and apply to the leaky seam. If there's water dripping out during application, you just keep molding the putty in place until it begins to set up and the leak stops. 15 minute working time, cures in 60.

sim> I have a 4" pvc downpipe which has a swept Tee joint from an upstairs > bathroom.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have taken some PVC sawdust and dissolved it in PVC cement to make a thin paste that I packed around the joint to build up a fillet around the edge of the fitting. The area must be absolutely clean first and don't let any water through the fitting until it has hardened.

Reply to
EXT

I was beginning to wonder when i pissed in YOUR cheerios.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT