[SOLVED] Broan Allure Lighting Problem (2023 Update)

replying to scarlat91, Khan wrote: Hi, Thank u for update. I am having the same issue. Can you please share BROAN email and contact number. Thank u

Reply to
Khan

I'm sure Scarlat has been waiting around since 2006 and has the answer.

Reply to
trader_4

replying to Eric B., drifterbob wrote: Eric B. You the man . It worked for me

Reply to
drifterbob

Reply to
gcastill12

I have the same problem but when I check the voltage at the center contact to ground I have 120 vac. Did you resolve you issue? If so how?

Reply to
gcastill12

Same shit happened to mine as well I even put a new switch and it still doesn’t work now I’m wondering if it’s the sockets

Reply to
Mariav1011

Ha ha! I had the same problem. But mine stopped working when I had a lightbulb that blue I try to take it out and the stupid light bulb broke and made a Spark so I think it caused a problem during that time at any rate I replace the switch and it still doesn’t work so my dad the electrician is going to come over tomorrow and see if he can figure out what the hell is wrong with it

Reply to
Mariav1011

You have to use the exact bulb as a replacement. I think a halogen bulb is required. Use a meter to check the voltage I trie LED bulbs and those did not work. I found the right bulb on EBay

Reply to
Gino

Thank you so much for sharing your words of wisdom Randy, i.e. "The only other problem that might have happened would be the little brass tab inside the screwshell could be pressed down to far and not making contact with the lamp" ...... yes indeed, this was the problem and following my delicate procedure, I now enjoy a controlled luminescence from my range hood !! Thank you so much again ...... best regards .....John (Victoria BC)

Reply to
John

Wow, too funny! When I renovated my kitchen about 13 years ago I installed the Broan -Allure and have been very happy with it, but about 8 yrs in, I too had bulb issues and changed the bulb only to have issues w/ it. What I realized was that there was nothing wrong w/ the wiring but the bulb was not making contact w/ the contact inside the socket. The remedy was to try and pull the contact down but I decided against that out of fear of breaking off. What I did was to drop a dab of soldier on the tip of the bulb....work every time. I have run into this problem w/ all new bulbs (3x). Don't know why but like I said, look at the base of the bulb...they're flat or recessed, bulbs use to have a pucker/ pimple at the bottom. Go figure! Sorry it took me 15yrs to find your post. Good luck. Mk.

Reply to
Mk
02/03/2022 Still works today Eric. Pulled up on the brass connector and it worked!
Reply to
WilMel

We had the same issue, it was a poor connection to the brass tab in the base . Thanks for the tip !!!

Reply to
jeff

I have similar issue on Broan Allure range hood lights. Tried Eric's way to pull the connector down a little bit, it works like a charm!!! Thanks Eric.

MK: I had similar concern of breaking the connector while pulling it down, your solder way is much safer, great work around!!!

Reply to
Shuang Li