Brick Info

Is there some chemical that can be put on brick that will protect it and then be washed off later? Something that will not penetrate the brick and be permanent?

Reply to
W. Wells

There are clear coats that can be applied that you will never know are there. Mostly sold for porous bricks to prevent moisture transfer.

I can't recall any brand names but it will be sold where bricks are sold.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I don't think there is a coating that is pemranent, does not penetrate, and can be washed off. Those are qualities that are in opposition in most cases. You could try the BIA web site. TB

Reply to
tbasc

What are you trying to protect it from and for how long under what conditions?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Art

The concept of something that is permanent and can be washed off intrigues me.

Bob

not penetrate,

Reply to
Bob

Yes, these products are well known based on polyethylene emulsions and are used as anti-grafiti coatings. Often a high pressure hose has to be used to remove the coating (and the graffiti with it). Boris Sprat

Reply to
Boris Sprat

A kiss, given to a five-year old boy by a great aunt.

Reply to
HeyBub

Very True

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

protect the brick from what? In the absence of a response, I recommend plywood.

Reply to
Goedjn

Or maybe 16 in steel plate? :-)

Reply to