Brake pedal goes half way & stops w/no fluid to front

replaced brake lines on chevy pickup (w/abs).Blew out abs with air. Now the pedal goes half way and stops completely when I try to bleed the front and no fluid arrives at the front calipers. Confirmed the right lines go to the right holes. ?Both supply lines are sending fluid to the abs pump but none exits to the front line from the abs pump. Any ideas? I am able to bleed the rear.

Reply to
MeMe

Did you Google for bleed procedure or get it from a service manual? Some cars it can be difficult to get all the air out and impossible without a tool to exercise the ABS. For example, BMW X5, after doing any work that gets air into the ABS, you have to bleed each wheel until there are no air bubbles, then use a computer connected to the car to run the ABS in bleed mode and bleed each wheel more. You can hear the ABS pump activate. I've heard lots of stories of people trying to get the air out without the computer and they failed. First thing is to avoid getting any air that high up, into the ABS, unless necessary. Why did you blow the lines out with air? If you were just replacing a line, I would have just replaced it and good chance no air would have gotten into the ABS unit that has valves and gizmos to trap it. Without activating them, it may be impossible.

Reply to
trader_4

(...)

Take it to rec.autos.tech.